The Loader will primarily be operating a front-end loader and will be responsible for loading material in customers’ trucks and trailers, stockpiling material and sorting material.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loading of bulk material with bucket / fork loaders
- Using equipment such as a:
- 900 Series Front End Loader
- 400 Series Cat Backhoe
- 200 Series Cat Excavator
- 800 Series Case Skid Steer
- Full range of body motion including handling and operating levers or controls
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Use of foot controlled pedals
- Sitting for extensive periods of time
- Occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling, shoveling, and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Corrected vision and hearing within normal range
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to handle the bouncing and jarring of the equipment and have the endurance to work long hours (including evenings and weekends during the busy season)
- High School Diploma
- Background in construction, landscaping a plus
- Must be 18 years of age
- Certification in using heavy equipment
CORE VALUES THAT SHOULD BE ADHERED TO:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves company resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds company values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports company’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands company’s strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
We offer an extensive and competitive benefit plan for all our employees as we value their time and commitment to Pioneer. Our benefits include:
- Starting pay at $17.50 per hour, based on experience
- Generous monthly bonus plan
- Generous 401k match up to 4%
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance Plan
- HSA plan with a company match
- FSA plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee and Family
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Robust Wellness Program